ASSISTANT: New Dental Assistant
WEBINAR LESSON DOCUMENT
HYGIENIST VS ASSISTANT
• Can work independently from the doctor
• Has a certification/degree in dental hygiene
• Main focus is the periodontal health of the patients
• Must work under supervision of the doctor
• Has a certification in dental assisting
• Main focus is to assist the doctor during a dental procedure
OSHA BASICS UNIVERSAL PRECAUTIONS
- Some typical hazards associated with working in a dental office include:
- Blood Borne Pathogens (i.e., blood and saliva), sharp instruments, chemical exposure, radiation
- The rule of Universal Precautions states that every bodily fluid that you come into contact with is perceived as a risk and treated with all appropriate safety measures.
- Please always refer to OSHA guidelines and state laws. We are not OSHA experts and the contents of this webinar are suggestions only.
View the complete document and print out a copy for your office below!